Building up your Facebook likes can be a slow & painful process — and while I mostly consider Page Likes a vanity metric, a minimum amount of likes (i.e. 1,000 likes) may be necessary to establish the credibility you need to make your advertising efforts work effectively.
Below in this article, I’m going to reveal the secret to obtaining cheap likes, while not violating Facebook’s terms of service or by polluting your page fan list with people in your target country.
Problems with Obtaining Likes Through Traditional Methods
Unfortunately, there are two main problems with obtaining likes through traditional methods:
- If you are running an ROI-based campaign for clicks & conversions, you are likely to add likes at a slow rate & each like will likely be expensive.
- If you run a campaign focused on likes, you may obtain likes at a cheaper and faster rate than a ROI-based campaign, but your likes aren’t likely to turn into sales.
Worse yet, the long term value of likes continues to decline each day. Facebook continues to reduce the organic reach of Facebook Page posts and have asserted that Facebook Pages now need to pay to get in front of their page fans.
Meaning, once you’ve obtain your likes, you will need to pay to get in front of your fans each & every time you want them to see your message.
Problems with Obtaining Likes Through Most Non-Traditional Methods
There are also a couple major problems with obtaining likes through nontraditional methods such as buying them on a service like Fiverr, mainly:
- You are violating Facebook’s terms of service & may have your page or ad account shut down.
- Buying these likes may pollute your page fan list with a list of unqualified prospective buyers in the same countries which you sell your product or service.
Fortunately, there is a solution that is inline with Facebook’s term of service, can help you obtain likes at a very cheap & rapid rate, and doesn’t pollute your list of the page fans in your target country.
The answer is target the Countries no one else is targeting with a traditional Facebook like campaign.
That’s right, there are several Countries, which mostly due to their lack of purchasing power, most advertisers don’t target and therefore are really cheap to advertise to. Additionally, perhaps because these Countries see fewer ads, I also find them extremely responsive to advertising.
While Facebook doesn’t officially publish a list, here’s a list of some of the cheapest Countries to target on Facebook:
- Trinidad and Tobago
- South Africa
- Sierra Leone
Once you set up a Facebook like campaign to target these Countries, add English (All) as your target language and add a few interest targets related to your Facebook page, i.e. Bodybuilding, Cosmetics, etc. Then, publish your campaign.
An Added Benefit
Because the likes you obtain from this method aren’t likely in your target market, you can avoid marketing to them again when you target page fans, simply by targeting the Country of your buyers, i.e. the United States. Hence, not polluting your page fan list for future advertising efforts.
Once you’ve set up a like campaign to target these “cheaper” Countries, what type of results should you expect?
See the screenshot below of a recent campaign I ran using this method that generated likes at slightly under $0.01 / like. That’s right — a penny a like.
Now, I’m sure that I could have optimized this campaign for less, but after $10.02, we had already gotten 1,004 likes, so there wasn’t a lot of time for optimizations before we already reached our goal of 1,000 likes.
Two Small Caveats
Before moving forward with this method, there are two small caveats that should be accounted for.
- While this method is within Facebook’s explicit terms of service, Facebook does reserve the right to close an ad account for almost any reason at all, including ads they believe don’t make their community “feel good”. With that being said, if you’ve had problems with your ad account before, I wouldn’t recommend using this method.
- This is NOT a long-term strategy. This is an advertising method for a short-term gain to help your page establish credibility and nothing more.
Now, It’s Your Turn
Now, since you know how to obtain cheap likes at a rapid rate, it’s your turn to try it.
If you have any other questions about this method, feel free to put them in the comments below.